Thursday 8 April 2010

Childlike

I have cross-hatching and mountains in my hands
X marks the spot on the other side
I can see my life foretold and already spent
Epithelial surface patterns don't lie
How strange that they should ask to visit
There of all places
Today of all days.
We could leave, lingering in locations that fit
(and inspire)

dreaming eratically and rough-shod under stars
Upon cogitated hilltops; over vertigo-inducing heights
that blur my sight and make the first layer of paint
the most difficult one to cover; a re-creation in detail
The picture, hastily drawn, is in it's simplest form
and I feel a need to scrawl over the top
"Leave them kids alone!"
Thus taking away it's innocence
leaving only the slogans of cynicism
to explain it's reputation.


~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes aka SRWB 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment