Saturday 27 September 2008

Maze

Again and again
I find myself in the maze
through twisted neurones
and walls of seeping blood
I stumble around this corner
and that corridor
Through scraping branches
of bitter sweet hope
lost in dead ends
and brick walls
This one dead end knew
It knew where it was taking me
and that it would become brick
and cold and confused
enough to throw those branches
into my hopeful heart
and leach the very last drops
before it tumbles down on itself
and cries and crumbles
and hides... to appear again
on another route with the same purpose
There is a carousel here
in the middle of these tall hedges
it waits for me, beckons
everytime it is there
the same 360 view
spinning until I cant think
mesmorising, hypnotising
manipulating and still crying
I hate it now, the horses with no heads
still leer and beckon with absent eyes
and tongues...
I walk away back into the maze
to wait for my wall to figure out what it wants
and if it doesnt want me
it will turn me away
but if it knew the answer
it would let me pass now
in definite strength
and solid hope


~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment