Monday 29 September 2008

Table

My will to live free
gives me this strength
It is not pure freedom
in selfish wants
but freedom from pain
and uncertainty and wondering
In making a move myself
and arranging the table
as I see fit
I will entertain
on my own terms
and if you need to eat
you must work hard
and show me how much
you really want the nourishment
as you distrusted a meal once
I now distrust your need for it
no more twisting questions
and safe let-downs
in stages of gradual abandonment
I break myself away from bonds
and the pull of a love unrequited
The centre piece of my space
is a clear cut evergreen spray
of all your confusion
with a translation in technicolor blooms
that shout louder as the candle glows
Wax drips smear foliage unkind
and my attention accepts
the soft fragrant petals of love
Love for myself
So this is me... and where I will be
Watch carefully now
My location will change soon
and my heart will be my own.

~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment