Wednesday 16 December 2009

Astral


I have a notion that I will not know how to start
without sounding like someone else
the centre, the core is brilliant
but the periphery is really quite crap
When I try to sleep at night
I see "God", in colours
and sounds, that whirl around
my Kansas-top room
and then I feel grateful
almost pleased that I am not exposed
the way you want me to be
and I think we might fly if I wasn't hemmed in
Behind my eyes there is always a spotlight
A screen of black with a small hole
that lets me see something, only partial
I need no light when I open them again
through the great expanse of criss-cross glass
there is already a light shining, its cold and white
I should not have thought all that before sleep time
I should not have listened, and breathed and counted
I should not have wondered at all
For now I am hanging on to the bedpost
Sheets and clothes flying in a hurricane
I know I need to let go but I spend my time rearranging the mess
Trying to tuck myself in again so I can awaken properly
Not to be dragged through the violent dimensions of the stars
I awaken a total of 8 times, always clinging to something
Why is it always so stormy up there?
The winds of impatience are always waiting
as if I should have done this so long ago


~ Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment