Wednesday 16 December 2009

Stay


If I stay, leave or hang around somewhere in between
a vague limbo amidst the brilliant carnival
of should and must-do and wait-a-minute
Nothing will change in my fake smile -
within my shallow heart
and I find comfort right here
in your presence and your mind
An inside truth has more perilous depths
than safer places to rest

I stand tall, strong and slightly numb
yet the shadow cast behind me
betrays the thoughts and feelings of my soul
A shade too black - sharp on a sunny day
Not blurred around it's edges
nor softened in any form of forgiveness
Attached still in places, yet not quite part of me
A dark, chalk outline of the other
The perfect blueprint of a lucid dream
once seen and never forgotten

I write so that you can understand
yet I want to hide it all in rhetoric
And carefully placed posies
in rows and rows of calculated calm
It's too easy to string obscurity together
and to know you've said everything
yet given nothing away.



~Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment