Sunday 28 March 2010

Green Faeries





I can't write like that anymore
I'm liking the real stuff, you know?
Tell me who you really are

(I am illustrating a poem I've never written
Looking carefully through keyholes
of locked doors
Because someone said
"GOD is in there")

Don't go through a thesaurus
and give me a frilled-up version
of who you want to be
Who do you want me to be?

(A cauldron boils your morbus heart
under a door handle
that contains the knowledge
of all time and space
Touch it, and let the flowers fall
from their mosaic
upon crackle-painted glass frames
with green rims)


Everyone wants to be enigmatic
from time to time
We all want to stand on the mountain side
with the wind blowing our hair back
thinking how life's not fair
and it's all such a tragedy
that we're not super hero's
nor able to wear corsets and breeches
and look deep and sad and crushed

(Wild up high on jagged rock
Black of air down steaming loch...
It's the end of the line
Terminus
Terminal
Love plays in circles
"I am beauty" it said
before she fell)

No one wants to look up to you
or be helped by you
They just want to relate
to something
grab hold of anything
they can
under 
- - - stand

(Preach it.. sing out loud
I can't touch it though
all but a stray tendril 
Flicked until it can be pulled through
Dragged screaming in to green flame
and diving, milkshake butterflies)

There's no structure
no form
we don't give a crap whether it's
a metaphor or a simile
we just want to read it
and nod
maybe smile
and go make another coffee
before we sort the washing out
and think about cracking open the bottle
in the freezer...

(It is dawn for ambitious souls
Time to go, the eager trudge
Pressing a bell to get off
but it doesn't work
The last stop for false idols
and omniscient epics in HELL)

...it's frozen to syrup
and that's as special as it gets
and half way down the special
we feel like we should be saying stuff
that's when we're on the mountain top(or cliff edge!)
but if you turn away and drink the other half
it gets real...Give me real

(I'm bouncing on my bed
and it all changes
and then there is a tunnel
It wants me to enter
but I back away
"This isn't real" I thought
So it disappeared
and I looked out of the window
once more... intermittently)

Unless you're a lightweight
and real is a bunch of random keys
hit at the same time..when your

head

smacks

the

keyboard




Copyright Charlotte Sometimes  aka SRWB 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment