Friday 25 July 2008

Acceptance

At 30-something I stood still
and looked around
no longer invincible and free
the doubts creep into my mid-life brain
"What am I to be?
A woman
in perfection
at home
in bed
as a mother
as a wife
as a daughter
as a sister
as a friend
Obviously I should
have picked myself up
from that post natal bed
still in my size 8 skin
gone home with my kids
to my showroom house
and smiled pleasantly at every turn
Held down a job and stayed at the top
No room to be human anymore
With a fat ass and a freaked out mind
No sign of living should I show...
eradicate every stress and line
Just grin and bear it all
Like nothing matters anymore
Keep walking
with one foot in front of the other
and try harder to be
accepted."
... sigh

~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment