Friday 25 July 2008

Long Awaited Meal

My teeth meet cracked resistance
as I bite through your hard, crisp shell
The toughened layer that protects you
from determined canines like mine
A pause with effort, just for a second
and then I sink through quickly
gliding through your softer, pulped flesh
It feels like near-warm butter
Your disguise is easily fractured
and wounded, a true taste
of who you really are inside
I keep your fetid secret to myself
in frustration and disgust
for the longest time
You are oblivious to the marks
and the neat, punctured pattern
My fangs dig in and wait
I know that when the time comes
I can release my stubborn grip
and massage my aching, frozen jaw
as I lean back with a heavy sigh and watch
letting everyone see your soul
in exposed, rancid blood flow
and putrid meat

~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment