Friday 25 July 2008

Artist

When such beauty disappears
into an unretrievable void
My sadness overcomes me for a while
Just for a few hours
I lose my inspiration
and my reason for being who I am
All that admiration and awe
snatched from my sight
Nothing new is coming and
I cannot comprehend it
and I withdraw and panic
The more I try to hold on
The darker the black becomes
It loses its cadmium hue
Deepens with prussian blue
I am left with an empty pallete,
in this moment the colours merge
and become dirty and useless
I have a monochrome thought
and a wasteful feeling
and I lose myself in it for a time.
But it isn't gone
Because of who you were
it lives on
and always will have a breath of its own
And now I face my final encouragement
The blackness is gone
The colours are cleaner
and the last box is ticked
For as you lived
So shall I
In freedom and expression


~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment