Friday 25 July 2008

One Part Of The Song

Velvet memories carry me down this road
and I'm waiting for one particular sound
Just that one ballsy part that makes me smile
and think... well yeah... really
the memories... that mutual smile
telling me that no matter what
we both really like this
The half - fed moon makes my feeling a bit bland though
I do crazy well... for a few minutes
then I get a grip...
I don't want anything more now
than was meant to be... just a karmic re-fix
and we will be on our way
For one that says Im shit
I have a hundred that say Im not
so I listen to this bit over and over
and drive and drive and drive
50 minutes at 90 revs took my anger away
not in the car though
and brought my sweat
rinsed off with a cold dose of reality
and a hot shower
and a realisation that I'm fucked if it will be this way
I want it fixed like old times
when we could look around us
and I'll be thinking the same things
as you, at the same time
and acting on them
Insanity always ensued
with blue teeth and stone laugh
but we cleaned it up afterwards
and slept off the salt on the carpet
bleaching his jeans again
and so it goes
Boots and bottles thats what I remember
no time to think... we drink
and laugh....
Maybe thats the answer
Except I've stopped bleaching his jeans
and I'm never going back

- Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment