Friday 25 July 2008

Coward

If I were perfect, I would tell you
all those perfect things I have done
I could look down from my pedestal
and tell you how wrong it all is
and how very bad you are
I am full of life's mistakes
So that doesnt really help
There IS one thing though
Just ONE thing ...
that makes me want to slap you
What are your views on honesty?
of being true before you jump?
How many seconds did it take for you to think...
this is perfectly alright?
But you will not have that answer for me
You're not brave enough are you?
In being dishonest you seek to humiliate
In being easy, you seek to betray
Stay away from me coward or I will make it worse
and do not seek solace in my life's mistakes
I may have hurt others and caused pain
but the one thing I always was
was honest..... with MYSELF!

~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment