Friday 25 July 2008

Three

In ONE I spend hours looking
For answers in the cement
and red texture of brick
I stand there and call to you
but you remain silent
looking at the brick too
but on the other side
Your clone talking and
making the right moves
The cohesion now building barriers
instead of bridges over the watchers
Travelling back with more time
to twist it and fuck it up
and strengthen the brick with stupidity
and wrong solutions ... Swallowing sawdust
It's hot, so fucking hot
Cabin fever and feeling ridiculous
If my intelligence hadn't been insulted
we might be just fine ... I'm biting my anger
because of your friendship
A repeated name... over and over
The pain in your eyes
Eyes that cannot see anything else
when that name is spoken
Fuck it ... it is what it is.
In TWO I find warm caffeine
and comfort in desperation
Stroke my hair and tell me I'm beautiful
as you always do... soothe my ego
But it's wrong, and my judgement wavers
Just for a while... warmth in closed eyes
Reminiscing about how wild we were
How wild I was ... and hard hearted
I wish I was that hard now... and that wild
I need to be stone.
In THREE I find similar shades
Advice and empowerment
long waited in its delivery
A side line, an opportunity to pounce
for missed opportunities and karmic rebalance
I am tempted ... really tempted
No longer matters what I write
Your thoughts have changed
and I can't fix that
Sigh... maybe I shouldnt look at all three
when I can only see one
and in my unexpected reactions
to such matters, I should remove the target
from my aching back
and retreat into myself.
I should be ONE without a care
for three ...


~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment