Friday 25 July 2008

Long Drive

This place feels good
A road in the sun
A monotonous, comforting drone
as the world disappears behind me
in ever increasing speed
Just me, with a brighter view
for a few moments ... Hours?
Now, there's a thought
I have what you need
and I know it's driving you ...
... insane
as I drive and think
It eats at you slowly
and that knowledge
makes me want to keep driving
and tick more boxes on the days agenda
I smile and wonder ...
... wonder how long it will take
before my phone announces your irritation
The tune that I won't hear
as I turn up the dial
and push my foot further to the floor
another tune blasting from the speakers
I can make it louder if I sing
Grin ...
How long can you last inside
if I don't come back?
Maybe it could be different
if a "Good Morning" preceded ...
... "I need ..."


~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment