Friday 25 July 2008

History

The ice cold ocean spray wakes us all up
on this never ending walk
We have done it time and time again
and it always lights up their faces
It's a jolt for me
A moment of wondering
and feeling right again
Just for a few moments... until the next wave
Exhaustion creeps over these little ones
and I turn and see that image I love so much
lulled senseless by the drone of going home
I wonder again...
Pretty Vacant punctuates my thoughts
with harsh reality... and a gut feeling
Time after time, track after track
we smile and look back
and think it's all ok
It was just another good day
We have had many recently
But I can't ease the pain in your eyes
without bringing it back again eventually
It's all just nostalgia
and history

~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment