Friday 25 July 2008

Quiet

Quiet and I'm busy as usual
Hush, just me and this
Always THIS
Holding this candle glass
and tracing patterns to stop it all coming out
The white flower in transparency
against the gold and curved black wick
Relaxing my eyes
as more flowers appear
Don't speak... just take it
A conveyor dog-run of filth and disrespect
highlights my new tattoo
in blunt hue on my skin
I polish that too ... make it shine
The wax inside starts to soften
and melt and flow and bubble
Frothing, it boils itself to the top
Stray drips cutting across the first bloom
and that is the moment when it becomes my fault
Playing your usual game of one against the other
So that you can sit and rot
and get twice as much "stuff"
I believe it all now ...
Blood IS thicker than water...
It's thick and sticky and rancid
and some things are said
never to be forgotten
even when the bleach scrubs it clean
I'll donate your stained shit to a worthy cause
and wait for your face to swell
and sting... a repeated slap
Stubborn? Oh, I know you are
But unfortunately, you learned from the best
Watch this space ... it has a new definition
and eventually you will see the gates slam shut
and no more excuses ...
I really want to end this one
as I did my last
but I am done and you already know
You wanted me to shut up?
You have your wish.


~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment