Friday 25 July 2008

A valedictory Gestation

Inside your carefully weaved perfection
The idea is shocking and brings amusement
Clamour and disorder stir within
and yet fix the plastic smile
That smug look in torturous quiet
but ridicule hides behind.... and taunts
From Bacchanal to mother with no rough seams
The frayed edges could be picked at
But they are guarded so very well
A contrived surprise... a new accessory
So very cool and flawless on the rigid, manufactured surface
In watching you finally fall apart
The pleasure I feel is completely justified
Too perfect and superior
Better than anyone else...
Your incessant, irritating speeches
Burning in my inadequate brain
Ignoring my own cries for help... where are you?
Of course ... How stupid of me (again)
You're smoothing the creases from your Egyptian cotton sheets
I will return your fairweather outings
With a plastic smile
There, there ...
Now fuck off!

~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment