Friday 25 July 2008

False Hope

Nothing is as new as this
Nor has ever been
and I want to keep it
The urge to make it mine
is powerful and childlike
This glitter is not a false gold
only one that has grown
with much time and thought
I want to grab it and hide it away
To polish it and make it shine
Remembering this feeling of old
yet not quite being able to place it here
An unrecognisable warmth and fear
that I can't fit in the box
I have tried but the lid gapes open
Persistently shouting at me
Refusing to be ignored
I don't care how many questions I get
I will answer them all in my own way
There are many things around me
and yet nothing of substance shows
Just me, right here
with this fire in my mind
and an impatient smile.

~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment