Friday 25 July 2008

Coffee

This morning I tried, so very hard ...to read
but the spaces inbetween took my attention
and the steam from my coffee cup
spoke to me...more than the spaces and words
I can see so many reasons in these changing wisps
Different situations show in guilt and caffeine-soaked lies
Each one demands a different response, an increased angle
I shift uneasily in this realisation, as one rule dissipates after another
To condemn one and not another seems as wrong as the anger I feel
The spinning coin shows a hundred sides
Moulded and twisted to fit its purpose
Is it that empowering force and fight for happiness?
or immaturity ...drenched in half and half selfishness?
Should I rip you apart? or forgive you?
We are not really individuals...we all filter into the same pot
It doesn't matter who we are on our own
we are judged on our actions within meetings
of like minds...or not?
No sugar please...
I like to taste purity
The question of why gives too many answers
So just decide what you can cope with
and get on with it as best as you can
There are always more solutions...
in the next cup.

~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment