Friday 25 July 2008

Reading

As I sit here, the words in front of me start to blur
As if there were tears in my eyes, brimming but not yet falling
A heat surrounds me in moisture and cloying depth
I shift in my seat, widen my eyes and stare
Willing the black typeface to clarify itself
Again and again I try but the words sway and merge
Making new, unknown sentences, but then leaving
to join with another before I can read them in entirety
The heavy dew cloud descends further
Pressure building and I itch to get up and move
The words can hold me no longer, I give in
Walking to the window, I reach out for the heavy latch
Pushing downwards and throwing open the pane
In one swift, sharp movement it swings
And the moisture evaporates from my skin
The strong breeze hits me immediately
Temperate and swelling by the second
It wraps itself around me in an urgent sigh
Warm with a slight edge of chill
It is just right and heavenly so
It plays my hair back from my face
Makes me close my eyes and breathe into it
I lean into it almost to the point of falling
The words gradually becoming clearer
As my soul is cleansed from the inside out


~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment