Friday 25 July 2008

Cold Strength

I'm tired of being strong
I've done everything - twice
through every corner of my life
for ever; well, it seems that way
Always providing that remedy
as you put your pathetic head
in your weak hands
and cry ...
There's no point in stupid tears I'll say
I'll sort it - again
How things change and swing
Turn around - completely
No middle line, I've had enough
Walking barefoot in the grass
The dirt grounding me
restoring the shit that you leeched from me
and I shake you off
I don't want to be strength anymore
I'm not weak - far from it
Just bitchy, and quiet
Watching you all struggle
chills the platter
because when I am silent
You know that I will not crumble
rather calculating in my stillness
the circumference of this circle
almost complete; as you forget
and relax and the ends meet again
in karmic harmony and dosage
Yes, I'm quiet and calm
but waiting to serve it up cold.

~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment