Friday 25 July 2008

Lost Circle

Three years ago I searched relentlessly
For something that I desperately wanted to see
I was looking for somewhere I had been before
Yet I had forgotten where I left it
It took me three days to find it again
... three years later
The long truck climb
Lilting and twisting, almost turning
The hillside beckoning in danger
And promise of discovery
Don't fall asleep!
The wheels stop turning
And the up-struggle begins
The real one
Forever ascending
I know it is there
Waiting for me
It wants me back
Tiredness overtakes me
A pothole breaks my path
And as I fall, I see
The very thing I need
My energy returns and I run
Endorphin-soaked rage
Spurring me to the top
And there it is
My sanity in stones
My circle of ME
I sit, finally, with someone's effigy
Placed beneath a small piece of this temple
And contemplate why I am here
It is perfectly obvious
I found my peace.


~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment