Friday 25 July 2008

Nowhere

The sigh runs through me
and I knew it was coming
A buried reason for this
A hidden agenda for that
The world is tinted green
as the reflection you see
is bounced back at me
Forgetting yourself in familiarity
awkward moments and silence
The floor looks good tonight
and I like looking at my shoes
Now merging with the grass
as I ramble through
this overwhelming shade
I re-painted my view long ago
so my angst must be apparent
when I see my fresh new colours
become dirty and lifeless
with an old hue
Shutting the door...finally
was the best thing I did all night
As I pushed back against it
my sigh returned with relief
My physical body catching
up with my spirit
No thoughts of you all night
even though you were next to me
My mind is most definitely
elsewhere
and even if somewhere
is going nowhere
I am never coming back.

~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment