Friday 25 July 2008

Foolish

Under my skin you slide and crawl
I try to put you "there"
But you stay here
Moving and writhing
Around blood and corpuscle
Flesh is irrelevant
The mind fuck is a movie
A crystal clear vision
Brittle as the stubborn ice
Solidifying on my driveway
Demanding my attention
Expecting me to work hard
To find its core and crack it
Never sated, always wanting more
My body moves of its own accord
I have no control over what I want
But I shouldn't want it
You leave briefly
Sporadically, it's never the right time
But the rocks beneath this landscape
Contain you
Hard and cold, yet warm and necessary
Warmth that grows in its heat
Tick tock, every minute marked
An intensity that I have held away for too long
Giving my mind to other things
I have an urge to repeat the pattern
But I don't think I can
This fatal time
The clock won't stop


~ Copyright Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment