Saturday 26 July 2008

Other Half

I wondered as you stroked my hair
Staring into the fireplace, not daring to move
I wonder often as you come to my aid
Your unconditional love does not go unnoticed
I cannot act on it
I wish I could... without a care
But the cycle is still there
It all seems so right
My head on your lap
I can't take that step
The one which makes it DONE
I do want it sometimes
But look at us
Seriously, did it work before?
I wont hurt them again
I cant
WE cant
So if I take those touches
yet don't follow through
in my fear of making decisions
that will put us back
You're my love
my friend
the other side of me
in knowing that
We might not ever be
But friendship?
I can't give that up
So stroke my hair
and tell me it's alright
Love me and hold me
but don't expect
definitive answers
right now ...

~ Charlotte Sometimes(SRWB) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment