Monday 8 November 2010

30 New Years

Broken anniversaries and besotted philosophy - forgotten death dates
Quotations, it's been said before - it'll suffice
Ashes; whiter than burning cold and time is,was once,once was, I knew all of the patterns

Clocked stares through windows with pagan labels and certification of every hope pinned

Mirrored often, night long and day hard, and groaning, incidental and wanting from a misplaced image and a half-assed song
Crushed colour in tile pigment is long gone - weaved reflections on a listed surface

Inhale the right way. There's pleasantry and facade in ambiguity and buried smells

Reminders in old sheds, blackened before they're even new or quickly forgotten amongst the wrinkles
I admitted my failings right there; went with them; lost all reason; fixed the bike again
so that it could continue its life of leaning against walls that could not exist without it
In my mind, I fixed it time and again, sprayed the metal and lost my sensibilites along with the sound of the engine
My cheek on the leather of the seat
He lost it to four wheels in the end. We'd have predicted just the two.

Smiling at a dancing madman doesn't encourage him half as much as shouting his demise
What would you think?

An interlude - a never beginning - a laughing screen; screaming insanity makes cash
and uses it to buy more; more madness in a cheap suit and a thick smile

Spiders on the wall, in cages I never entered, nor sat in for long
Endless wandering (in hopeless night?) - I let you down, didn't I?
Or would you laugh? Along with us and our flourescent drinks on sticky dancefloors
Maybe shake your head with a half-smile and a portent of what is to come and how it should be avoided, always

So tell me

Here is my right arm, my hand still attached and twitching

I'm handing it over
Payment for half an hour across a table
so you can tell us what the hell is going on



~ SRWB 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment