Friday 12 November 2010

FIRST INSTANCE

Hours need to pass
filled, vapid and empty
An unnecessary fire burns
and the sweats rolls from my back
to collect in pools of analytical bullshit
notions of what i shouldnt do right now
Are you really fucking her?
Absence is more telling than not
and I'm distracted by the bugs, incessant
crawling over my sensitive skin
an itch that I have no desire to scratch
yet I rake my nails over scar tissue again
Im red raw from analysing the rest of it
Im not like you, I cant hide it
I perform the daily circus tricks
like a monkey with red, swollen eyes
and everyone looks down, or away
Its a blessing really, REALLY
I dont want them to ask
or care, or comfort me
I'm burning in a sea of scared shitless
that's what it really is
a new angle, a new tactic
Fear ... terror
Embedded
It's usually disabled on request isn't it?
Disable this, please
Because I am scared
Petrified at its refusal to go away
It's been days (again)
since we were catastrophically, and hilariously, close 
But it's been years 
So please dont read this
ever



SRWB 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment