Friday 12 November 2010

ZEN

A softness of well worn gates with sharp edges
amongst a retro strike and abe-happygathering
Bricks crumble into the overplayed cosmos
adding to it's appetite; playing it again
and ultimately starving it's appeal
It's lost somewhere in 1980
Red innocence in shoes and a lost gymnastic ability
are all that remain

"I really don't know a fucking thing"- I've said that
All these words amount to the fleeting thoughts of maybe
that float through my mind, 
I couldnt tell you what it means now though
Not on days where you're really put in your place
against a backdrop of a different world; something's missing
I can see the ground shift like a conveyor under my feet
It's never still nor quiet
Just comforted with handrails and landmarks 
that can't (or won't) move

A rosey glow around a feathered nest tolerates my unrest
It's this and then it's that and then it's this again
I'm banking on a Perfect Day
Eat this, wear that, work here, think nothing
I'll climb into overalls and tag bracelets
Rest my old head on a spike in the corner of the room
it'll jeer at me of course
but I'll throw genetically modified sustenance at it
until it shuts up
like an abrupt ending


SRWB 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment