Friday 12 November 2010

TRIGGER

I’m not thinking too much about everything
The thoughts are thinking me
The endless moment:
You moving bar stools around
Like a game of chess?
Like a dick, but it was funny

Thinking again after a long walk
Staring out of windows that show newly built estates
And an ordinary life - alien life form
Behind me, comforting me, disappearing into Hell
So adamant that it will be alright - 

Adam Ant - yes - he’s always writing to Elise in my head
No Cure though for the pain a melody brings

Always my call, in error
Time and again we sweat it out in vain
Orange light always prompts that memory
And how false those prophecies were
You are the male version of me
I know that now
We can never handle it when we are faced with ourselves

There’s a wall of trees to look at now
Tall and thin, like prison bars 
I could get through a cell door but not these
I’ll fly on this magic carpet you picked out
And fall, hopelessly, to the bottom
When you change its direction and I cant hold on

There are people starving in the world
And yet, you and I can’t even go to bed
Without waking up stressed out and hurting
Good memories become regrets
They hurt more than the bad ones

Fate’s bastard ensures our good ones are stored
Technicolor laughter and vivid warmth surrounds us

Because did you ever feel like you were someone else in those seconds?
or were we just desperate and hoping?

To dig and poke at our misinterpretations
To laugh when we become other people for a while
To stir the pot when it's a maelstrom already

just long enough to fuck it all up

And leave you staring at the floor

Thinking it’s just you

Inside

Your own world

I am your trigger
And love doesn’t mean shit
When you’re frightened to feel


SRWB 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment