Friday 12 November 2010

constant

I'm listening to strangers tell their life stories
in brief snippets; in Hellbound chapters
and dark alley thoughts
I'm watching the rain
and wondering - how many writers
sit and watch the drips, wondering where they are going
and how they connect
It's such an old thought and an overdone line
that I cant imagine the answer

I'm in here - you'll have to find me (please find me)
it's all just fear; all of it

What Iwasis sitting inside of me
Buddha-like with golden skin
and she's quite content to hide in thenow

I've done this and this and this
and some of that
I've hung my medals on walls and bedposts
and scrawled "Try harder" over them all
I'm scared of fucking up now
I've been on my knees for too long
in all the wrong ways and from entirely wrong angles
writing it out comes too naturally
opening my mouth to speak feels alien sometimes
but it works still

My turn and what I say is impressive
It's written all over their faces in the marker pen
their name tags are scrawled in
But if it was that impressive, why am I here?
Starting again (again) 
and my revolving coffee cup
does nothing to distract me
from the realisation that the same fear
is all over in this room
Should I cry?
or not feel alone any more


SRWB 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment