Friday 12 November 2010

SALT BATH

Stop talking, stop asking, stop wondering

Stop making ME wonder

Pass over a veil of dreams, to clutch in sweated palms
and leave me, screaming, in illusion and hope

Give me the cry of clouds; in aeromancy we see truth
I had nothing; I didn't know
I'm playing with my mind and it's winning

Twisted emotions forge fake perfection into a bland sea
An ocean's mirror; milky, weak, sterile
A storm's rage builds a reflection
Throwing questions, never asked before, ever
and endless wonderings in panic of sibylline proportions

The frustration of pleasure that is not rises again
Gulping those silent breaths as a prelude to arealdrowning death

I want to ask, can I go through this once more? Twice? Forever?
In salted moments of pain, almost excruciating, I think - hard

How can I look into those eyes and know for sure?
Concrete is a has-been, dissolved in Karma's callous brine
An unlevelled setting beats my heart outside of its residence
and fluid anxiety has replaced the misery of counting seconds

I want to sit in my cage again, in the dark
and resist the urge to sing


SRWB 2010







No comments:

Post a Comment