Monday 8 November 2010

Honestly

I penned a letter to the universe
but her ashes remain at my feet
lost too; a breeze threatens
and then fades with the stench
of a fixed smile and domesticity
letting go is a challenge
as three swords pierce fresh hearts
displayed in vulnerable cases for lunch
look up, it's beautiful
when i do i remember kates sky
and the fact that there hasnt been a time when it wasnt like this
I'm waiting, not running
still here, not slipping away
but it seems that you're already a dot in the distance
and you'll never want or need anythingbodyplacewherehowway
I'm drawing my own conclusion, you leave me no other option
But you'll just leave me to think what I think; right?

after your heartbreaking past carried the title of my dinner, i flipped a bit
head space; full grace; if you stop trying it stops hurting, doesn't it?
I tried it but it's only my own fingers that bleed and scar eventually
i miss you but i did anyway
locked inside mostly - I could never reach ... you?
i took photos of lifeless bodies
for future paintings
hot/cold; life/death
it's a decision either way
limbo; is it? let me know 
I can't be here listening to the 'phonics all day
nor wondering whether you really care enough to come get me
I'm in for the long road
bad or good
are you?
i ran out of paper on a busy street
so it's here
for now

~ SRWB 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment