Friday 12 November 2010

NO LABEL

I should get off your rollercoaster
just to stop you pulling my hair
when I scream - an addiction
And addictive rides are destructive
it feels uncanny, the smooth ride
it's a should, rather than a want
but I always did have a need
to travel at warp 9 into the epicentre
of Hell
I fed the cable under the floor boards years ago
I washed the paths and dusted the sills
and made a playlist to drown out the wailings
of lost souls
Lost, maybe that's it
I have so much more to give
than you could ever take
Obtuse passion
Unspeaking, unending
we were always so quiet until it spilled over
tears and terror
never a good combination
being played like a puppet makes me look bipolar
played - have I been? Please say I haven't
That's the only thing I need to know
Am I a stop gap? A comfort? A try-it-and-see?
The worst thing in the world is finding out that depth
has a shallow end


SRWB 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment