Friday 12 November 2010

FOR FROSTY'S BLUE SHADES

Twelve men are smiling at me below the hang mans noose 
Disaster will strike when they are most relaxed - I might laugh or I might cry
If no time passes between entrance and exit wounds? - they will continue to breathe

Arrogance - I've seen invincible and shameless (in whores)
and it's not ingrained in your blood (or your bones) - but I am covered in it, by others, incessantly
Immortal souls have no knowledge of such things - I am educated and I think of other things

Dare to suppose that you are very much alive and you'll be dead in a snap
Formica shelves stocked with "shouldn'ts" do not always sigh gratefully
when relieved of their weight - cardio for red marrow is terrifying - scared is something to be shared

A lookalike - who? Familiarity perhaps or just the same old deja vous
If I have been here before, it is merely a snap shot of old memories
contained within the bricks and mortar that hold the lens - but this is a clearer view

If riding through Borderlands might take me back as an informant
Recycled people would see what I see right now; evidence in plastic tag bags
Framed as photographs from broadsheets at war - politicians lips move to convince you only of their lies

Money - it's sick and in ill health and brands all those it touched with fuck all
I've seen you all fawn and giggle for the want of an ultimate freebie
and disappear when it's no longer on the to-do-list for freeloading bastards

I meet people sometimes that shine from within
the dollar signs are absent from their eyes
and greed does not exist between the convolutions of their brain
I meet you

I love that - really love it
and I'd rather be home alone thinking about a true heart
than sitting with past enemies and the endless clickety clack
of fucked up values

These words are not thought
but felt, 
poured out unedited in warmth

Fuck cars, fuck houses, fuck bills
Fuck success, fuck greed, fuck stamping on some poor bastards head on the way up
Fuck holidays, fuck boats, fuck villas and fuck all those fucking boring occasions
Fuck expectation, fuck bankers/wankers, fuck presidents and prime ministers
fuck the pope, fuck religion, fuck everything they NEED you to be
fuck everything that tries to fuck with your soul
and FUCK pride
Fuck staring into space for 5 days a week for someone else's benefit
Fuck risking your life for some other bastards plentiful pocket
Fuck social expectations, fuck "I told you so's"
Fuck caviar, fuck salmon, fuck champagne
Fuck expensive shit that is cheap shit and breaks
Fuck the way it's all supposed to happen and live it your way
Fuck manipulation, fuck gambling your last quid on solutions that come from salesmen
Fuck believing any of it matters
Fuck thinking you're shit because the world has values that are fucked up
Fuck the measuring stick - it no longer applies

Your soul is beautiful 

fuck the rest

it doesnt exist... anymore

I love you

and I want you... for you

unexpectedly

but that's how it is.



srwb 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment