Friday 12 November 2010

TRAIN LEAVES EARLY 1+2

1


I am struck dumb
A liquid current in my head
Back of throat
Gags and drowns
in swim-lakes
of shocked pricking
and acuteprofile angles

Exposed ...
as a hardly-there bikini
Clothed and searching
in hiding places for
the final display of skin
oozing the ingredients of tears
through distressed pores

The panic is catching
contagious spores dance in air
that is sucked in, harshly
through a straw
Hold my breath; listen
I don't think that squeaking noise
is my lungs; yours?
or a wild and awake animal
in the garden, prophetising
our doom


2


A few seconds of coherence and contrast:

Check list  and shoes for the long way round
The half-sliced rabbit corpse on the doormat
(leftover from a wild night)
The cat posed nearby, licking her lips for more
A gift; An omen; a non-blessing (undisguised)
Insect carcasses grease the windscreen
My vision isopaque

The world is dead and obstructive today
I have to remove my shades in its darkness
The only thing I can really remember
is the colour of the shirt you were wearing

but here's where the confusionstarts:

A downward glance instead of a kiss
Swollen head wanting you out of sight
Pavement; tracing hop-scotch lines
with my eyes; rather than a backwards look
The no-waiting area; I move out
What we are doing is uncontrollable
An invisible drive home
No talking; non-verbal's
Just breeding, flagellated anxiety

Until the knife wound is opened
officially; that's when the numbness
sets in, like rot and maggots
on necrotic flesh; you won't feel a thing
Just the dull tugging and writhing
of rough bleeds cauterised
of stubborn cat-gut stitching
of pressure pads abruptly removed
and not being able to go back


SRWB 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment