Friday 12 November 2010

RANDOM

Think about something else, other than
your fickle ability to shrink
What are you achieving?
Other than disappearing more
into a bland world that
doesn't want to look at you anyway

This guy is writing reams and reams 
on fucked up shit that means a lot
and it's good... it's good to read
and not feel like such a freak
I think he should v-log his shit


Oil, flow; slick salt
hemmed in, exploited
Escaped and wasted
The gooey, juicy centre after the crisp, sugary shell
The core, so thin, like a glo-stick
Yes! that's good - a glo-stick of liquified "truth"
I need to reach it so I can snap it
and then it will GLO(W)

This guy's written about Emily
and fuck knows who she is
but she sounds like a riot
past, present, never-again
He's drinking JD with Dickens and Austin
'cos his mojo's come back
with cigarettes and a loaf of bread


Maybe it's coming now
I can feel it tapping
("gently rapping")
at the keyboard floor
Ha!Poe-face

There's this chick I know
and she's got it down (man)
because she can write about L-O-V-E
in all the best ways

Should I squeeze all this thought?
Strap it down into poetic concision
Make it minimalistic, to be contemplated
and chewed quietly with good coffee
and a knowing smile

Another guy, he writes of Gods
and angels and ancient cities
and beauty in warm, sunlit pools
and every thought in his head
should be a poem, all on it's own

Maybe just a pause
that's it... a comma
a comma on the page
so you can all take a break
and sigh with relief

She has got words, tumbling
and shaping and painting
their own canvas upon a lonely page
Stories of mountains and magic
and destruction

I'm writing what I'm thinking
I've already forgotten what I thought

Just quiet and coffee
and ...peace







SRWB 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment