Tuesday 30 November 2010

RETURN TO SENDER


Calling the petulant warmth of flame
With water to soothe in agitated currents
Dragging the air of justice from its depths
The depths of grounding earth
My breath upon your face, smoked
And blown softly over right hand
And uncurled fist
To return all that was given to me
No less
No more
Karma’s vacant stare is restored
To dormant state
The useless emotions leave my hands
From my heart and my mind
As passion turns to dust
As hopes are drowned
And dreams are buried in the frozen earth
Do not smile
Or shrug
Or sleep
Should the ashes float past your window
On a blizzards careless wind
Take care and think twice
It is a sad, sorrowful tale I send
A final gift.
Fire diminishes its flame as water recedes to painless tides
Air stills its breath and the earth warms once more
I feel the peace in quiet solitude
Knowing you have what you deserve.



~ Charlotte Sometimes (SRWB) 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment